Wednesday, January 14, 2009

7 weeks to go!




Today we had a check-up and we had also scheduled an extra ultrasound just for fun. We had 30 minutes for the technician to just play around and see if she could get some good pictures of the baby. She focused on the face, hands and feet since we don't want to know if it's a boy or a girl. It was a little disappointing because the baby kept his face nestled in part of the placenta and we couldn't get a really clear picture. Apparently he's a nose picker! While we were watching him it looked like he was picking his nose. Very entertaining. Since he is moving around so much more than last time we had an ultrasound it was even more exciting to watch the screen. I know he will start moving less in the coming weeks since he's beginning to run out of space. I'm not looking forward to that so much because I like being able to feel him move around almost all the time. The estimated weight they gave us at this point is 5.8. It looks like he's going to be chunker!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like Leroy has chubby cheeks! Chubby cheeks are the best!!! Can't wait to meet the little person, its going to be fun!

Christine said...

Bethany, if this is duplicated in posts, I apologize. I didn't have a sign-on, so I had to create one after I typed the original message. And, of course, when I went back to that page to submit it, the message was gone.

Thanks for sharing the ultrasounds, tummy shots and details about the nursery. I told Will a couple of weeks ago that I had not seen you since the news about the baby was announced and have missed "Leroy's" growth over these months. Needless to say, the minute he handed me the address for your blog, I immediately entered it into onto the office computer and emailed it to myself at home. The bottom image of the newly posted ultrasound photos looks an awfully lot like you!! It will be interesting to see if he or she will look as much like you 'for real' as he or she seems to in this vie!!!

Cristin said...

Aww your ultrasounds are precious! I know you and your family are getting so excited!!!